Go on geological expeditions!
Find out what the earth's crust is like below us, how it was formed, which special mineral resources it holds - and what dangers. As a resident or holiday guest, take a look into the windows of the Earth's history offered by Geoparks: Rock outcrops, rocks, caves, springs, lakes, striking landscapes, but also mines or thematic museums.
- Geopark Bayern-Böhmen
- Geo-Naturpark Bergstraße-Odenwald
- Geopark GrenzWelten
- Geopark Harz.Braunschweiger Land.Ostfalen
- Geopark Kyffhäuser
- Geopark Laacher See
- Geopark Muskauer Faltenbogen
- Geopark Porphyrland. Steinreich in Sachsen
- Geopark Ries
- Geopark Ruhrgebiet
- Geopark Schieferland. Abenteuer Blaues Gold
- Geopark Schwäbische Alb
- Geo- und Naturpark TERRA.vita
- Geopark Thüringen Inselsberg - Drei Gleichen
- Geo- und Naturpark Vulkaneifel
- Geopark Vulkanregion Vogelsberg
- Geopark Westerwald-Lahn-Taunus
ESKP (Earth System Knowledge Platform) is the knowledge platform of the research area "Earth and Environment" of the Helmholtz Association. The Association is Germany's largest scientific organisation. The platform is supported by eight Helmholtz Centres. A broad spectrum of geoscientific topics is offered on this subject page. The research of the Helmholtz Association contributes to shaping our future by combining science and innovative technology development.
Visit www.eskp.de and find out more about our planet! Topics such as the effects of climate change, early detection and protection against geological natural hazards and weather-related extreme events as well as the spread of pollutants in the environment await you.