Ulrichstein - Hesse's highest city
The centre of Ulrichstein is Hesse's highest town at approx. 500 m above sea level. From the 614 meter high geotope castle hill with the renovated or renewed castle ruins from the 12th century you have a wonderful view over a large part of the Nature Park Volcanic Region Vogelsberg, Taunus, Knuell and Wetterau. The state-approved resort is an ideal starting point for tours through the idyllic Vogelsberg landscape. The approximately 700-year-old mountain town is an old trade junction and market town.
There is much to discover!
- The castle hill is crowned by a castle ruin visible from afar. The old walls bring 700 years of history to life: The robber barons of Dietz and the brave fight of Hessian grenadiers in the 7-year war - let your imagination run wild.
- Ulrichstein's Museum for Rural Cultural Heritage, Agriculture, Forestry and Hunting provides a broad insight into the life and work of the people of the Upper Vogelsberg.
- The Vogelsberg garden can be found around the castle ruins in Ulrichstein. It shows the flora of the Vogelsberg and botanical rarities in a unique way.
- Dicke Steine, Eckmannshain
- Dr. Jakob-Bruchhaeuser-Hoehe
- Gilgbachtal – Gruendchen
- Hut willow with reading stone walls, Wohnfeld
- Natural monument Mullstaa, Am Stein, Koelzenhain
- Natural monument Schleuningsteine, Koelzenhain
- Castle hill Ulrichstein
- Natural monument "Wildhollloch" im Lohwald, Unter-Seibertenrod
- Natural monument "Wildfrauhaus", Wohnfeld
- More geotopes